UPDATES as of January 19, 2013:
On-Site Race Kit Claiming
-if you haven’t received your race kit by race day, you may do so at the venue
1. arrive 30 minutes before assembly time
2. just go to the Race Kit Claiming Tent
3. fall in line according to your category
4. for regular registrants, show your valid ID and receipt (if receipt isn’t lost / damaged)
5. for sponsor contest winners, show your valid ID
On-Site Singlet Size Exchange
-if you want to exchange your singlet to a smaller or bigger size, you may do so at the venue on race day
1. just go to the General Information booth
2. bring your singlet and show a valid ID
See you on Sunday (Jan 20)! Good luck to all runners!
The inaugural running of the 7-Eleven 800 Run takes place on January 20, 2013 and offers runners the opportunity to set foot along the newly opened, 7-kilometer Manila-Cavite Expressway or better known as Cavitex. It’s a dual two lane, North and South bound expressway traversing Bacoor Bay, built over water, and a combination of reclamation and viaduct works stretching from Bacoor to Kawit, Cavite.
Runners will surely enjoy the new scenery of running in an expressway above the Manila and Bacoor Bays. I just registered and i’m getting my race packet on August 13 in a 7-Eleven Store near home! Can’t wait to experience this new route and the early morning scene at Manila Bay!
Details and Press Release below:
After Tour 700, the Philippines’ biggest bike race event held at the SCTEX last May 13, 2012, 7-Eleven now celebrates the opening of its 800th store with RUN 800 on October 14, 2012 along the CAVITEX, more known as the Coastal Road, with assembly at the Aseana City in Parañaque.
Runners joining the 10k,15k or 21k half-marathon will enjoy this course set along the coastal road – CAVITEX, wherein some of its lanes will be closed just for this race. Those joining in the 3k and 5k categories can look forward to an organized race course along Macapagal Ave.
This is made possible with 7-Eleven’s system of allowing SELF-SELECTED WAVE STARTS, enabling them to run with people with the same skill or speed (or with friends!). To make this run more exciting, the top 3 per age category will receive medals. Top 3 Filipino males and females in the 21k will be sponsored to join the Macau International Marathon on December 2012.
To join, register on-line at www.run711.com and pay reg fees at any of the 750 7-Eleven stores in the country. Registration fees are as follows:
3K – Php 350
5K – Php 450.00
10K – Php 550.00
16K – Php 650.00
21K – Php 750.00
To complete registration, runners can pay reg fees at the 7-Eleven nearest them. Take note of the 7-Connect number and pay at any 7-Eleven store within 24 hours. Race Kits can be claimed on the date indicated on the receipt, and from the same store where payment has been made. Runners can expect in their race kits the following:
KIT CONTENTS: (1) Singlet, (2) Race Bib with Built-in Timing chip, (3) Stubs for Drink, Bag, and Finisher’s Shirt (on the Race Bib) **Singlet size availability is on a first-come, first-served basis. No replacement for lost or change size accepted.
- Claim Race Kits at the same store where they paid. Claim date is indicated on the receipt
- Receipts must be presented in claiming the Race Kits or bring a valid ID with picture.
- No claiming of Race Kits at the venue.
- Color and design is by race category
- Sizes are available but subject to availability
WHO CAN JOIN?
- Any age of any nationality
- Below 18 years of age on race date (August 26) must be accompanied by a parent. They will receive race kits with parent’s consent form to be signed by legal guardian or parent. Race Kits will not be released without a signed consent form
- Top 3 of each category will receive cash prizes (mixed top 3 males and top 3 females)
- Top 3 Filipino males and females of the 21k half marathon will also win a slot in the Macau International Marathon in December 2012, which includes airfare and accomodations.
- Top 3 of all age groups across all categories will be awarded a medal. Age categories will be announced after registration period.
- No ON-SITE Registration. Registration is solely online thru www.run711.com
- Registration is only completed upon payment of Reg Fee within 24 hours.
- To pay the Reg Fee, take note of the 7-Connect number shown after online registration and pay at any 7-Eleven store.
REGISTRATION TERMS AND CONDITIONS:
- Registrations are non-refundable and non-transferrable.
- Once reg fees are paid, changes in the registration shall not be accepted. Downgrade or upgrade of category is not permitted.