Think WWII and imagine the Allied soldiers in their last bastion. Think tunnels and fortresses and hear the deafening roar of cannons and gunfire. Think ocean views and wild forest and savor the amazing scenery around you. Think remnants of buildings and old artifacts and feel you’re virtually in an open museum. Think Trams of old and picture how our grand parents lived. Think virgin trails and killer hills and feel the backbreaking effort of running a half-marathon on it. Think of “The Rock”, the Corregidor International Half Marathon and you’re in for a one great lifetime running experience!
The second edition is back and it’s happening on December 10, 2011. It was one of the best races i joined in last year (my story here) and it’s still tops when you consider the great scenery and the killer hills. The excitement starts once you board the ferry boat leading to the island and once you’re on shore, the adventure begins. I’ve had some good times running the actual race and the after party celebration.
To give you an idea of what’s in store for those joining this event for the first time, here’s an overview of the events:
CIHM 2011 Information for Race Registrants:
I. RACE REGISTRATION INFORMATION:
A. Regular Registration: October 16 to November 20, 2011
Registration Site: ONLINE at http://www.corregidor21.runningmate.ph
Registration Fee: P2,500
B. Late Registration: November 21 to December 4, 2011
Registration Site: ROX at Bonifacio High Street, BGC (Daily from 1pm to 8pm)
Registration Fee: P3,000
Race Registration inclusions:
Roundtrip ferry to and from Corregidor
• Full lunch buffet on race day
• Race bib w/ RFID timing chip
• 2011 CIHM Race singlet
• 2011 CIHM Race sling bag
• 2011 CIHM Finisher’s Medallion (or a 10k Achiever Medal)
• R.O.X. Runners’ Briefing (Dec 3 and 4)
• 2011 CIHM Champions Party featuring a top band back-to-back with
a rave party (Dec 10, Saturday night)
• 2011 CIHM Finisher’s Certificate
Ferry and Room Reservations Procedures:
1) After completing registration for the race, immediately contact Sun Cruises at 8346857/8346858/5275555 loc 4511 or 4512 to book for your ferry trip schedules.
2) Indicate the desired trip schedule:
From Manila to Corregidor
a) Overnight – departure on Dec 9 @ 11:00am
b) Day trip – departure on Dec 10 @ 5:00am
Return from Corregidor to Manila
a) departure on Dec 10 @ 2:30pm and 5:30pm
b) departure on Dec 11 @ 2:30pm
3) If applicable, make accommodations reservation with Sun Cruises (only registered participants will be given reservations; 1 room per participant only). Pay the appropriate accommodations booking amount through the
payment mode advised by Sun Cruises.
4) On Dec 3 & 4 (as advised through email and text by the organizers) at R.O.X., attend the Runners’ Briefing, pick-up the race pack, and claim the Boarding Pass and/or Accommodations Booking ticket from Sun Cruises.Ensure to bring the printout of your CIHM Race Registration Confirmation. Anyone may pick up your kit at R.O.X. during the R.O.X Runners’ Briefing from 3pm to 8pm. They may be asked for identification and your signed authorization note.
Below are some pictures taken during the launching of the 2nd CIHM last week at the Blackbird Bar, Kamagong, Makati.