This race destination is undoubtedly one of the most spectacular and best-preserved historical monument of World War II and it is easy to be transported back in time as you follow the heroic battle of the Filipino and American forces against the Japanese Imperial Army in one of the most heroic battles in the history of war.
There’s a good reason why more than a thousand runners travel to take part in this yearly out-of-town half-marathon: the SCENERY! The views enjoyed during this 21 kilometer race is up there with the best, following a spectacular run through WWII ruins, tunnels, killer hills and you would want to reward yourself after tackling that lung-busting last kilometer uphill that the organizers had set-up!
Don’t miss this chance! Here are some pictures of my past CIHM experiences:
To register for this year’s edition, check details below:
3rd Corregidor International Half-Marathon 2012
December 1, 2012
- Php 2,700.00 (plus 4% service charge)
The 3rd CIHM Race Registration Tickets can be availed at SM Tickets outlets at all SM Cinemas nationwide. For non-competing companions of race participants, they may avail of the regular Sun Cruises tour package also at SM Tickets.
– Roundtrip ferry to and from Corregidor
– Full lunch buffet on race day
– Race bib w/ RFID timing chip
– 3rd CIHM Dri-fit Race Shirt
– 3rd CIHM Race sling bag
– 3rd CIHM Finisher’s Medallion (or a 10k Achiever Medal)
– Runners’ Briefing (Nov 24 and 25)
– 3rd CIHM Victory Rave Party (Dec 01, Saturday night)
– 3rd CIHM Finisher’s Certificate
– P1,000 SOLEUS Gift Voucher
* For race participants wishing to attend the Carbo-loading Dinner (Nov 30), they may avail of the Carbo Dinner ticket at P250.00 on Nov 24 & 25 during the Runners’ Briefing.
Registration, Ferry and Room Reservations Procedures:
1) 24 hours after purchasing the 3rd CIHM registration ticket from SMTickets, log on to www.corregidor21.runningmate.ph to complete registration for the race.
2) Immediately after making the online registration, contact Sun Cruises (8am to 5pm – Mon to Fri; 8am to 12nn Sat) at 5275555 loc 4511, 0917-5459917, 0917-7948271, 0922-8475418 to book for ferry trip schedules.
Indicate the desired trip schedule:
From Manila to Corregidor
– Overnight – departure on Nov 30 @ 11:30am
– Day trip – departure on Dec 01 @ 5:00am
Return from Corregidor to Manila
– Departure on Dec 01 @ 2:30pm
– Departure on Dec 02 @ 2:30pm
* For steps 1 and 2, remember to keep the 3rd CIHM race ticket on hand. You will be asked of the SM Ticket ID Number to validate your transaction. It is indicated on the ticket preceded with a “#” sign.
3) If applicable, make accommodations reservation with Sun Cruises (only registered participants will be given reservations; 1 room per participant only). Pay the appropriate accommodations booking amount through the payment mode advised by Sun Cruises.
4) On Nov 24 & 25 (as advised through email and text by the organizers) at R.O.X., attend the Runners’ Briefing, pick-up the race pack, and claim the Boarding Pass and/or Accommodations Booking ticket from Sun Cruises. Ensure to bring the 3rd CIHM SM Tickets. Anyone may pick up your kit at R.O.X. during the R.O.X Runners’ Briefing from 3PM to 8PM. They may be asked for identification and your signed authorization note.