Merrell could not have selected a better venue to stage its next trail/adventure run as Pintong Bukawe has been a haven for trail runners and bikers for quite some time now.
Baranggay Pintong Bukawe in San Mateo, Rizal is just about 3.7 kilometers away from the Timberland Heights trails and close to 10kms away from Wawa Dam in Montalban, Rizal. The roads and trails between these places are just georgeous…panoramas of the Sierra Madre mountain ranges, the trails are lush and green, challenging hills and some river crossings.
Merrell’s next Adventure Race will be held this coming April 27, 2013 and will feature a 5k, 10k and its showcase, the half-marathon distance. Registration has started yesterday so register early as slots are very limited.
Shuttle buses are available for those who want to avail them!
Here are the details of the race:
Date: April 27, 2013 (Saturday)
Venue: Mt. Sinai, Pintong Bukawe, San Mateo, Rizal
Race Distances: 5km (Men’s & Women’s), 10km (Men’s & Women’s), 21km (Men’s & Women’s)
RACE KITS DISTRIBUTION SCHEDULE
Race kits and singlets can be claimed starting April 1, 2013 to April 21, 2013 ONLY in respective registration areas. Singlet sizes will be subject to availability and will be on a first-come-first-served basis.
ASSEMBLY TIME FOR ALL CATEGORIES: 5:45AM
*cut-off time of 5 hours for the whole race will be implemented
RACE KIT INCLUSIONS
•Timing Chip, Race Bib No., Singlet, safety pins
•Rules and regulations
•Directions to venue
•Shuttle option (optional for participants, with extra charge)
Submit filled-out registration form with your fee from February 15, 2013 to April 7, 2013 at the MERRELL CONCEPT SHOPS listed below.
Here’s a link to the downloadable Registration Form: http://on.fb.me/X94gfF
G/F Space 23-24 Phase 8, Gaisano Market Market
Tel. no. (02) 836-1560
Space 2128 M2, Quezon City
Tel. No. (02) 915-0197
SM NORTH EDSA-The Annex
Level 3, The Annex, EDSA, North Avenue
Tel. no. (02) 352-2737
2/F Festival Mall, Alabang, Muntinlupa City
Tel. no. (02) 659-3284
Nepo Ave. Angeles City, Pampanga
Tel. no (045) 304-0654
Ground Floor, Olongapo-Gapan Road
San Fernando, Pampanga
2nd Floor, Rizal Highway
Tel. no.(02) 542-2235
Upper Ground Floor, Expansion Wing, Governor’s Drive
Dasmariñas City, Cavite
*Singlet sizes will be subject to availability and will be on a first-come-first-served basis.
WATER AND FIRST AID STATIONS
Hydration stations will be provided at the finish line and along the race route.
This is an eco-friendly event; each participant is required to bring his/her own hydration pack/bottle. Organizers will only provide refilling stations along the race course; there will be no cups to avoid littering.
Medical aid will be available at certain points along the way and at the finish line.
1. In the event of heavy rain, lightning, haze, fog and other inclement weather or adverse weather condition, the event may be delayed or cancelled.
2. Should bad weather persist beyond 7:00AM or the condition deemed unsuitable, the event will be cancelled.
3. If rain occurs after the race has started, you may continue unless otherwise advised by the designated race official or marshall.
FINISHERS MEDAL All 21km finishers will receive a finisher’s medal. Medals will also be given to the first50 finishers for 5km and 10km categories respectively.
CERTIFICATES will be sent through email within two weeks after the race date to those who finish the course in their specific categories.
Trail running shoes, hydration pack/bottle belt, cap, running gaiters and energy bar or gel, head lamp especially for the 21K runners.
Views inside Pintong Bukawe:
RULES & REGULATIONS
1. All participants below 18 years old must have their registration forms signed by either a parent or a guardian.
2. Registration is non-transferable and non-refundable.
3. Multiple category registration for one person is prohibited for safety purposes and as this may affect or disrupt race results.
4. Participants who choose not to take part in the event after having registered can decide to withdraw. However, please note that there will not be any registration fee refund. Race slots are also strictly non-transferable.
5. Race bib numbers and electronic timing chips must be worn at all times during the race. Official time will be based on the disposable timing chip provided in the race kit. No chip, no time. Without the timing chip, participants are not entitled to win any of the top prizes.
6. Organizers maintain the right to remove any participants from the race. Injuries and medical emergencies are the utmost priority.
7. No late runners will be allowed to run 15 minutes after the gun start of their respective races.
8. All runners are required to have the proper loop band when they cross the finish line; no loop band means disqualification from the race.
9. A cut off time of 5 hours for the whole race will be implemented. Runners on the course after the cut off time will be pulled out by the Race Marshalls.
10. Time penalties and disqualification may be imposed by the race organizers on runners who do not follow race rules.
11. All protests related to the results must be made in writing and submitted to the Race Director within 30 minutes after the official announcement of winners.
12. The organizers reserve the right to make changes at its discretion without prior notice. The organizers’ decision is final.
In the event that a participant will not be able to personally register and sign the liability waiver form at the designated registration areas; their representatives must bring the following: (1) downloaded form with signature of participant, (2) authorization letter, and (3) valid ID of the participant and representative.
Place & Time
Market!Market!, BGC 3:00 am
TriNoma, North Edsa 3:30 am
Php300 round trip, first come-first served basis (payment to be settled only at Merrell Concept Shops)