The yearly Salomon XTrail series are always a challenging lot! And their trail venues are awesome with the most recent at Tagaytay Highlands and Hamilo Coast topped with the longest distance last year at 24kms of heart-pumping uphills!
This year, the Salomon X-Trail Run will be back for the 2nd time at Hamilo Coast, which has some of the most scenic trails i have ever ran and with its vertical ascents and steep descents, it has added a 32k distance category which the organizers have dubbed as “hardcore”! It’s for the experienced trail runner who want the real “Salomon Experience”.
Yesterday, the organizers conducted a short race briefing for the members of the press showing us some videos of their previous races, the description of this year’s race course and what to expect along the race route.
NO WATER STATIONS ON TOP OF MOUNTAINS
The organizers have reiterated that no water stations will be positioned on top of mountain trails as they will only be situated at the base of these uphill climbs. However, there will be adequate hydration in these stations offering both water and sports drinks.
Suffice it to say, that runners should be self-sufficient always–sees to it that their hydration bottles and other containers are always in “full tank”, filling them up always at every water station available.
The race course will cover most, if not all the race route that was used last year and you can see why many trail runners are looking forward and coming back to run this race:
REMINDERS: Mandatory Gears, Bus Sched, Entry at Hamilo Coast
Mountain Run (32k/24k)
- Head lamp
- Hydration bag/ belt
Road to Trail (6k/12k)
- Hydration bag/ belt
*Mandatory inspection will be conducted before the race. No mandatory gears, no race.
*Salomon XTrail 2014 is a green event. Bring your own hydration packs as no plastic cups will be distributed in the event.
RACE KIT CLAIMING
- Claiming is at R.O.X. Bonifacio High Street from 12nn to 9PM everyday until April 6, 2014 only. No race kits will be distributed after April 6.
- For store registrants, claiming of race kits at R.O.X. Bonifacio High Street is after 3-days upon registration date.
- Registrants who cannot personally claim the race kit within the specified date & time, please prepare authorization letter.
BUS SCHEDULEPick-up Point: R.O.X. Bonifacio High Street
Meeting Time: 12:30AM
ETD: 1st batch- 1:00AM; 2nd batch- 1:30AM
Requirement: Online & Store Registrants must present valid ID
DIRECTIONS TO HAMILO
The shortest and fastest route to Hamilo is via Cavitex- Naic – Puerto Azul Route
Gates open at 3AM. If the guest is not checked-in, they cannot enter
Hamilo before the said opening time.
- The Carpass attached should be surrendered to Hamilo GuardHouse Entrance, with all the participants’ names riding the car.
- NO CAR PASS, NO ENTRY.
- If you are riding the bus service, please disregard the carpass.
HAMILO WRIST BANDS
- Each registered runner is issued a Grey Hamilo Wristband, included in the race kit.
- Please do not lose the wristband. NO WRISTBAND, NO ENTRY to the event staging area.
- If misplaced, Hamilo will charge P600 for guest daytrip fee.
HAMILO COAST BEACH & CLUB ACCESS
- Strictly no brining in of food & drinks inside the club.
- Hotel Guests: Registered Runners & Guests of Salomon X Trail who are checked-in Pico Sands Hotel have automatic access to Pico Beach & Country Club.
- Registered Runners have automatic access to Pico Beach and Pico Country Club.
Day Trip Fees for Salomon X-Trail Event
- Use of Pico Beach (swimming) – P 600 / head
- Use of Pico Beach & Country Club – P 1,000/head
- Companions who just watch and eat in Pico Beach – No Charge
- Cash Card – All purchases in the club for food and other services are done via cash card. Therewill be a cash card loading station in the event area where guests can load cash.
- Credit Card – Credit Card (Visa and Mastercard) is also accepted as mode of payment.
For fruther queries:
Registration, Race Kits & Bus Reservation: email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
Pico Sands Hotel Reservation: email@example.com
RACE ROUTE OVERVIEW
A tour of the roads, hills, mountains and valleys around Hamilo Coast. The trail sections overlooking the cove are steep and technical, with sharp and loose rocks, roots and thick foilage, but the view if you need to stop and rest is worthwhile.
32km mountain run – P1,600; 5:00 AM Gunstart; cutoff time: 7 hours (with race bib, timing chip, Salomon Xtrail technical jersey, and Salomon Racing Belt. All finishers (official finish within cut-off time) of this distance to receive finisher’s medal & other Freebies). Post race meal will also be served. Mandatory gear: headlamp, whistle, hydration bag/belt. These will be inspected by race officials prior to run.
24km mountain run – P1,400; 5:30 AM Gunstart; cutoff time: 5 hours (with race bib, timing chip, Salomon Xtrail technical jersey, and Salomon Racing Belt. All finishers (official finish within cut-off time) of this distance to receive finisher’s medal & other Freebies). Post race meal will also be served. Mandatory gear: headlamp, whistle, hydration bag/belt. These will be inspected by race officials prior to run.
12km road to trail – P1,100; 6:30 AM Gunstart; cutoff time: to be announced (with race bib, timing chip, Salomon Xtrail technical jersey) Post race meal will also be served. Mandatory gear: hydration bag/belt. These will be inspected by race officials prior to run.
6km road to trail – P850; 7:00 AM Gunstart; cutoff time: to be announced (with race bib, timing chip, Salomon Xtrail technical jersey) Post race meal will also be served. Mandatory gear: hydration bag/belt. These will be inspected by race officials prior to run.
The Salomon Xtrail Pilipinas 2013 Race is a GREEN RUN. No disposables will be provided at the hydration stations. All participants MUST bring their own provisions.
NOTE: NO WATER STATIONS WILL BE PROVIDED ALONG THE MOUNTAIN ROUTE! WATER AND SPORTS DRINKS WILL ONLY BE PROVIDED AT THE BASE OF THESE MOUNTAINS OR BEFORE THE ASCENTS!
There will be 2 Ambulances on standby and roving medics around the trail exit areas. Search & Rescue Mountaineers will also be on standby around the mountain trails. Medic Station will be at the Start/Finish Line.
Mountain Run (32 & 24km) headlamp, whistle, hydration bag/belt.
Road to Trail Run (12km & 6km) – Hydration bag/belt.
Race Officials will check the gear prior to gun start.
(Special thanks to Ms. Janice Tanada of Salomon Philippines and to Ms. Aileen Frugal of Primer Group for inviting us to the press briefing)