It would be a waste if those bike/running trails located within the Filinvest City Complex in Alabang, Muntinlupa are not being utilized more often as it is an ideal trail run setting for those living in the south of the metro. Lately, race organizers have seen its potential as a trail running destination where it’s easily accessible for city dwellers as schedule of races are now lined-up for this venue.
The route within this highly urbanized city consists of single track trails, dirt roads, concrete pavements amidst lush greenery and full grown trees that provide plenty of shade and scenic views. Paths, from grass covered surfaces and hills interlock with city buildings as backdrop.
FrontRUNNER Magazine’s Jonel Mendoza, the iconic Race Director who has brought us his amazing trail races in the Cordilleras, the Visayas and the just recent Nuvali -Soleus Valley Trail Run now brings his brand of trail run for this first ever FrontRUNNER Urban Trail 15k Run set on October 26, 2014 at Filinvest City, Alabang. The route is a combination of soft trails and concrete pavements.
Find out more about registration, trail pictures and other info here:
URBAN TRAIL 15K RUN
When: October 26, 2014 (Sunday)
Where: Filinvest City, Alabang, Muntinlupa City
Race categories: 15K
Race owner: Front Runner Magazine
Target registration: Limited to 1,000 runners only
Registration Period: September 12 to October 5, 2014
REGISTRATION FEES: P850.00 (inclusive of Sublimated Technical Event Shirt and Race Number to be claimed before the event, Finisher’s Medal (made by Suarez Bros.), frontRUNNER Magazine, Sling bag with goodies (post-race).
GUN START: 5:30AM
- Deposit 850.00 Pesos to BPI (Bank of the Philippine Islands) Account Number 2371 0034 71/Account Name Hardcore Publishing House, Inc.
- Write your full name, gender, contact number and shirt size on deposit slip and together with fully-accomplished race-waiver UTR15K and email to UTR15K@ with the subject UTR15K. (For shirt sizing, please refer to the chart below.)
- Confirmation email will be sent after receipt of all requirements.
- Distribution of pre-race items will be conducted at 100 Miles Cafe/Galileia Events Place (2nd Floor, Pointe 2 Bldg, 28th St., BGC, Taguig) on October 16, 17, and 18, from 11 a.m. to 7 p.m. Claimants must bring their identification cards (ID), original deposit slips and race waiver forms when claiming their kits. Those who will send representatives must send a photocopy of their ID AND an authorization letter.
- THERE WILL BE NO RACE KIT DISTRIBUTION DURING RACE DAY AT THE VENUE. Please email the organizers if you are unable to claim your race kits on the said dates.
Pictures of the trails:
RACE DETAILS AND GUIDELINES. Please read and understand all details thoroughly.
- Start/Finish Line: Pacific Rim, Filinvest City, Alabang.
- Gun Start is at 5:30 A.M. Assembly Time: 4:30 AM, RAIN or SHINE. Please be on time. Latecomers will NOT be allowed to officially join the race anymore. However, they are still entitled to post-race items except the Official Finisher’s medal.
- Runners will run two identical loops of 7.5 kilometers each. The route is a combination of concrete roads and single track trails. The trails make up the vast majority of the course. The Race route will be marked by ribbons and/or directional tarpaulins. No time credits will be given for runners who get lost, therefore all runners are encouraged to pay attention to race markers/signs.
- There will be aid stations located at Kms 4, 8 and 12 where all runners are free to refill.
- ALL RUNNERS ARE REQUIRED TO BRING THEIR OWN HYDRATION BOTTLES/PACKS. YOU ARE FREE TO REFILL IN ALL STATIONS. THERE WILL BE NO CUPS AVAILABLE IN ALL AID STATIONS IN KEEPING WITH THE “LEAVE NO TRACE” theme.
- Littering is absolutely prohibited. Violation of this rule will merit outright disqualification. Garbage bags will be available in all aid stations.
- All runners must wear their race numbers in front, pinned on the shirt or shorts.
- Runners who decide not to continue the race must contact the Race Director or inform the nearest aid station marshals for proper accounting.
- There is NO shuttle service provided to and from FILINVEST CITY.
- FREE parking is available at designated parking areas adjacent to the event site. While security will be provided, runners will be solely responsible for securing their belongings. Race organizers and management will not be held liable for any damage or loss to personal items.
- Baggage deposit counters will be available at the same site.
- The Race Director may, at any time, make revisions on the course and race details/rules for the benefit of all runners and reserves the right to use pictures and videos taken by any participant for publication in any form of media without any consideration, monetary or otherwise. Owners of published photos/videos will be duly recognized.
- Race Director’s decision is final.
- For additional inquiries, please email utr15k@ or call/text 0922-822-9342.
More trail pics: