Run United HP Recovery Run in partnership with Enervon HP
Date: December 14, 2014
Venue: The Fort, BGC
Categories: 5k, 10k & 21k
The Run United HP Recovery Run is a non-competitive run designed to help progressive runners embrace the value of recovery and how its proper application can help them establish future personal records. It will be held on December 14, 2014 with 5km, 10km & 21km race categories. All categories will have a start and finish at the 34th St. The Fort, BGC.
All finishers will learn more about the proper application of various recovery regimens at the Enervon HP Recovery Village. Each activity has been developed in partnership with the University of Santo Tomas, College of Rehabilitation Sciences, Sports Science and Physical Therapy Departments
PREPAID CARD SELLING VENUES:
In-store purchase of the prepaid cards will be available at the following stores, from 12:00NN to 8:00PM Monday to Sunday starting November 17, 2014.
RUNNR Store BGC
•B1 Bonifacio High St. The Fort, Taguig City
•3F Robinson’s Galleria, EDSA cor. Ortigas Ave., Ortigas Center, Pasig City
Toby’s SM North
•SM North – The Block G/F, North Ave. cor. EDSA Quezon City
•SM Mall of Asia, G/F Entertainment Hall, Roxas Blvd, Manila
**ASSEMBLY AND GUN START TIMES:
• Should have at least joined one Run United trilogy race series this year (2014) regardless of the distance you ran.
• Limited slots only. Registration is on a first-come, first served basis, and may end earlier than the announced deadline. Race slots may run out before November 30, 2014.
• Participants are encouraged to wear any of their 2014 RU singlet/finisher shirt, no singlet will be provided.
• Runner participants who register at the stores will receive their race bib with D-tag upon purchase. A Valid ID must be presented upon registration.
• Those who will be registering for their friends must buy a prepaid card. The race bib with d-tag will be delivered on or before December 7, 2014.
• Finishers’ shirt sample sizes will be available for fitting at the registration centers.
• All finishers will receive a limited edition HP Recovery Tech Shirt.
• D-Tag will be provided to every participant to get the runner’s accurate time result and must be surrendered to claim the finisher’s item after the race.
• No BIB, No D-TAG, NO RACE.
• Race results will be available within three (3) days after the race at http://www.unilabactivehealth.com website.
For online and in-store registration inquiries:
• Landline (+632) 703 1736 or (+632) 463 4814
• Mondays to Fridays, 9am to 5pm only, except holidays.
At the launching of the HP Recovery Run 2014
Unilab Active Health will be holding the Run United HP Recovery Run, in partnership with Enervon HP recovery drink, a unique, non-competitive running event exclusive to 2014 Run United finishers that aim to consistently exceed themselves. Only 2014 Run United finishers will be allowed to participate in the event. All activities from gun start to finish aims to educate the running community on how proper recovery practices during and after an intense workout plays a vital role in enhancing race performances.
The participants of the 5km and 10km recovery run categories will be led by guest pacers such as top coach, Coach Ani De Leon Brown, and National Team Athletes like Claire Adorna and John Chicano in guiding them on the best recovery pace for a run. The 5km recovery run category will have 8, 9, and 10 minute per kilometer recovery paces while the 10km recovery run category will have 8, 9, 10 and 11 minute per kilometer recovery run paces.
The 21km category is intended for participants who wish to do an easy, long distance run to cap off a full season of long distance running for the year but still want to learn more from expert guests about proper recovery after the race.
“Through this event, our goal is to help progressive runners embrace the value of recovery programs and how its proper application can help establish future personal records. Progressive runners always desire to do a PR and UNILAB Active Health aims to provide them with different solutions in achieving this goal. Recovering as hard as your training can help them continuously become a better version of themselves,” says Lester P. Castillo, UNILAB Active Health Sports Events Executive.
After crossing the finish line, all participants gain access to the 1st Enervon HP Recovery Village where all activities have been developed with Sports Science experts from the University of Santo Tomas, College of Rehabilitation Sciences, Sports Science and Physical Therapy Departments. The village will be divided into key zones: physical recovery, sports nutrition recovery, and mental recovery. Some of the activities will feature hot and cold treatment, flexibility exercises, self myofascial release, and periodization counseling.
Participants will also get a chance to enjoy a cold glass of Enervon HP Recovery drink. Enervon HP Recovery is formulated with the ideal 3:1 carbohydrate to protein ratio that can help repair worn-out muscles and restore lost energy with carbohydrates, B-complex vitamins, and essential minerals. Enervon HP Recovery is best taken within 45 minutes after a workout for best nutrient absorption.
The Run United HP Recovery run in partnership with Enervon HP will be held on December 14, 2014 with 5-kilometer & 10-km Recovery Runs, as well as 21-km Easy Long Run categories, all starting and finishing at 34th St. in The Fort, Bonifacio Global City. Online registration is ongoing. For more details visit http://www.unilabactivehealth.com