Having established itself as one of the Philippines’ premier off road ultra running events, the 2015 TNF 100 Philippines is set to attract participants from across the world that will come to compete alongside fellow runners on this new spellbinding route.
TNF 100 Philippines’ main attraction is that all main trails have never been used in past races and as with previous TNF 100 events, you get to challenge climbing on mountain passes located in Tagaytay and Batangas. They traverse the foothills, ridges of mountains and climb atop the crater of Taal Volcano so all participants will be able to enjoy the views of the mountains, lake and vistas surrounding it.
The Taal Volcano which is often described as one of the smallest volcanoes in the world, is actually one of the largest. The entire Tagaytay ridge is the crater’s edge and the Taal Lake is the caldera of the volcano. The little ‘volcano’ you see in the centre of the lake is merely a ‘vent’! It is unique because Taal volcano is known as the largest island within a lake on an island within a lake on an island! –
As with past TNF 100 Philippines events, there will be a high level of support and hydration stations en route.
Here are 10 reasons why you should join this year’s TNF100 Philippines which will have its starting area at Nuvali, Sta. Rosa, Laguna:
1. Previous years’ wins do not define this year’s race.#TOP1Asia’s 1st and Longest Running Ultra Trail Marathon Series now spans 9 countries. Be part of the global community that breaks all boundaries and never stops exploring!
2. Pain is temporary pride is forever. #TOP2As early as now, we congratulate all #TNF100Ph2015registrants. See you on the trails. Let’s make a legendary history on June 12-13. Break all boundaries!
3. See Taal Volcano like never before. #TOP3#TNF100Ph2015 prides itself for bringing participants to previously unexplored terrain. Get a unique vantage point of Taal as a bonus! Get your slot now.
4. Another reason to join #TNF100Ph2015? It’s historical. A surprise landmark from the 70’s appears from the fire roads at KM 16. You can’t miss it! Registration still ongoing. Visit any TNF stores today! #TOP4
5. Don’t come back with just words to tell. Share your experience at the trails as it happens. Re-discover yourself at KM 68 with wilderness as the background? Only at #TNF100Ph2015!
6. Match your words with actions. You say you conquer trails? #TOP6#TNF100Ph2015 is your chance to prove it. Register online via http://bit.ly/1H8iqlZ or visit any TNF stores near you. “Early bird” registration ends on May 15. Hurry!
7. Strength is the product of struggle. #TOP7The long running tandem of #TheNorthFace Athletes, Coach Gado and blind runner Aga Casidsid, challenge the limit of human potential as they plan to conquer their first 100KM trail run. How about you? Will you conquer #TNF100Ph2015 too?
8. Represent the country! #TNF100Ph2015 gunstart happens on Independence Day—June 12. #TOP8 Showcase Pinoy endurance against nationalities from the world over and break boundaries all together.
9. True to being innovators in the industry#TNF100Ph2015 will be the 1st Ultra Trail Marathon to offer real time tracking through your own mobile phones! #TOP9Now your family, friends and supporters can see your progress real time as you conquer the trails!
10. Be the first to explore the trails! #TOP10 Hardcore pioneers got first dibs at Nasugbu, Clark, CamSur and Baguio—Benguet, the new course of#TNF100Ph2015 Nuvali—Tagaytay—Batangas is the most accessible yet. Don’t miss the chance to claim, “I am one of the firsts!”
Dare to Break All Boundaries
The North Face 100 2015
On its 7th year, The North Face 100, Asia’s 1st Trail Running Ultra Marathon Series and the Philippines’ mother of all trail runs continue to break boundaries and challenge everyone to Never Stop Exploring.
After 3 years of high altitude running and massive elevation gains, 215 ushers in a “fast course” where speed and multi –terrain adaptability play much bigger roles. This provides a welcome opportunity for ultra road runners to try and experience the trails in a more accessible, controlled yet still challenging environment.
The outdoor pioneers have shown that with fundamental skills, proper training, and reliable equipment extreme trails can be conquered, now we challenge the greater majority to level up their game, be counted among the ranks of trail runners and be one of The North Face in Breaking All Boundaries.
So whether you are an aspiring trail running beginner or a seasoned racer looking for new challenges, unparalleled experience is offered in each competition of this season’s largest trail running series.
Break All Boundaries, and Never Stop Exploring!
The North Face 100 was made possible in partnership with NUVALI, SEDA Hotel Nuvali, AXN, Gatorade & Summit as it’s official hydration sponsors, the Primer Group of Companies, R.O.X., Department of Tourism, LGUs of Laguna, Cavite and Batangas, Tagaytay Highlands, Municipalities of Canlubang, Tagaytay and Talisay . Thanks also to our media partners Business Mirror, Business World, Philippine Daily Inquirer, The Philippine Star, Manila Bulletin, MB Sports Digest, Speed Magazine, and Men’s
The North Face is exclusively distributed in the Philippines, Indonesia and Malaysia by the Primer Group of Companies.