The trails and meadows of Nuvali will once again come alive with the rumblings of cows and the footsteps of runners! It’s Front Runner’s Magazine’s return to Nuvali for their trail running event, the VALLEY TRAIL CHALLENGE, a 15K, 30K and 50K trail race this coming June 28, 2015!
All runners will be treated to great views of Nuvali’s trail frontier… forest woods, open valleys and single track trails. Those experienced runners and familiar with the route will enjoy the challenge and exploration of new territory and those new to the trails will also discover a whole new world of running where the course is beginner-friendly that will entice you to embrace trail running as a complement to your road races!
Experience your own trail running-induced euphoria at the Valley Trail Challenge! Whether it’s your first trail run, a chance to set a personal record, or simply going out trail running with friends, you’ll be glad you ran at Nuvali!
Here are the details of the race!
REGISTRATION FEES (part of registration fees will go the HERO FOUNDATION). LIMITED SLOTS (Updates will be given as to availability of slots)
15k- P900.00 pesos- Swag: Event shirt and Finisher’s Medal, Post-race meal and drinks
30k- P1200.00 pesos- Swag: Event shirt and Finisher’s Medal, Post-race meal and drinks
50k- P1500.00 pesos-Swag: Event shirt and Finisher’s Medal, Post-race meal and drinks Registration starts on March 16. Limited slots only and registration period may end once all slots are filled up. This means there will be NO onsite registration/extension. 15k Start: 5:00 AM, Cutoff time THREE hours, 3:00:00 30k Start: 3:00 AM, Cutoff time SIX hours, 6:00:00 50k Start: 2:00 AM, Cutoff time TEN hours, 10:00:00 (25-Kilometer Cutoff, 5:00:00 Hours. Runners not able to meet this deadline will be declared as DNF and be brought back to the finish line.) REGISTRATION PROCEDURE
- Bank Deposit: HARDCORE PUBLISHING HOUSE, INC. BPI 2371 0034 71
- Print your name, shirt size and distance on the deposit slip together with your signed and duly-accomplished registration form and waiver DOWNLOAD REGISTRATION FORM: REGISTRATION VTC5
- Scan or Camera-capture and email to email@example.com. You will receive an acknowledgement thereafter. Please do NOT post on facebook.
- Incomplete details on deposit slip will not be honored.
- For inquiries only; firstname.lastname@example.org
Other Info: *Registration will be accepted from March 16 – June 16, 2015. *Registration at 100 Miles Café begins on May 1, 2015. *Race kit claiming will be on June 19 and 20, 2015 from 11:00 AM-7:00 PM at 100 Miles Café/Galileia Events Place, BGC. RACE DETAILS
- Please read and understand all details thoroughly.
- Start/Finish Line: EAST NATURE AVENUE, NUVALI.
- Please be on time. Latecomers will NOT be allowed to officially join the race anymore. However, they are still entitled to post-race items except the Official Finisher’s medal.
- Assembly Time: 1:00 AM (for 50k), 2:00 AM(30k) and 4:00 AM(15k) / RAIN or SHINE.
RACE KIT CLAIMING will be on June 19 and 20, 2015 from 11:00 AM – 7:00 PM at 100 Miles Café/Galileia Events Place, BGC.
- THERE WILL BE NO RACE KIT DISTRIBUTION DURING RACE DAY AT THE VENUE.
- All runners must wear their race numbers in front, pinned on the shirt or shorts.
- Runners will make a turnaround at their respective turning points and make their way back to the finish line.
- There will be aid stations located at Km 6(Gate 3-15, 30, 50K), Km 15(Mirriam-30, 50K), Km 20(Gate 5-50k) and Km 25 (Nuvali Boulevard corner East Conservation Road-50k) where all runners are free to refill and eat. Take note that since this an out and back course, you will be passing these aid stations twice, except for the Km 25 station.
- Littering is absolutely prohibited. Violation of such will merit outright disqualification. Garbage bags are available in all aid stations.
- Race route will be marked by ribbons and/or directional tarpaulins.
- Runners who decide not to continue the race must contact the Race Director or inform the nearest aid station marshals for proper accounting.
- No time credits will be given for runners who get lost therefore all runners are encouraged to pay attention to race markers/signs.
- NO shuttle service to and from NUVALI is provided.
- FREE parking is available at the designated parking areas. While security will be provided, runners will be solely responsible for securing their belongings. Race organizers and management will not be held liable for any damage or loss to personal items.
- Baggage deposit counter/toilet and bathroom will be available at the same site.
- The Race Director may, at any time, make revisions on the course and race details/rules for the benefit of all runners and reserves all the rights to use pictures and videos taken by any participant for publication in any form of media without any consideration, monetary or otherwise. Owners of published photos/videos will be duly recognized.
- ALL RUNNERS ARE REQUIRED BRING THEIR OWN HYDRATION BOTTLES/PACKS. YOU ARE FREE TO REFILL IN ALL STATIONS. THERE WILL BE NO CUPS AVAILABLE IN ALL AID STATIONS IN KEEPING WITH THE “LEAVE NO TRACE” theme.
- Enjoy, have fun and absolutely NO WHINING.
- Race Director’s decision is final.