Bonifacio Global City is gearing for one big celebration this coming November and it’s called the BGC PASSIONFEST, a three-day event tradition filled with various activities that focuses on culture, art, fitness, lifestyle and most of all FUN!
This year continues the city’s tradition of celebrating with a bit of a historical twist as it honors the 150th birth anniversary of one of the Philippines’ most passionate national Heroes, Andres Bonifacio. It will be a modern fiesta filled with music, arts, food, culture and dance to be held on November 29, 30 and December 1, 2013.
The BGC Passiofest kicks off with the following activities:
Friday, November 29 :
- Percussion Ensemble setting the rhythm in Bonifacio High Street (BHS)
- Presentation by Gantimpala Theater Foundation entitled “Katipunan (Mga Anak ng Bayan)” at BHS Central Amphitheater
- Supremo Sale of participating stores in Bonifacio High Street.
Saturday, November 30:
- Wreath Laying Ceremony at 7:00 a.m.
- Science sa Plaza happens at The Mind Museum from 1:00 to 5:00 p.m.
- Run BGC 2013: TakBonifacio featuring Katipuneros versus Guardia Sibil gathering at BHS Central by 3:00 p.m.
- Rock Supremo in cooperation with Rock Ed to showcase music written by today’s hottest bands and artists inspired by the life of Andres Bonifacio;
- Boni-Fiesta bringing the traditional barrio fiesta at BGC with giant game booths, food booths and art activities;
- Bisita Kusina curated by Pinoy Eats World to present up and coming food entrepreneurs sharing their best items inspired by Philippine history and culture
Sunday, December 1:
- Parada de Kalesa at 3:00 p.m. where Filipino horse carriages will be specially dressed up to parade around BGC complete with music and dance troupes (Parade Route: 7th, 9th, 11th Avenues and 28th & 30th Streets);
- Kislap at Kutitap is happening in BHS Central featuring the best of the country’s most prestigious performing groups to cap off the feast of passions featuring Sandosenang Sapatos by Tanghalang Pilipino at 6:00 p.m.
- Performances from the Philippine Madrigal Singers and Philippine Philharmonic Orchestra at 7:30 p.m.
- Launch of the Symphony of Lights—the annual Christmas decorations competition for all construction groups and buildings in BGC.
November 30 – December 1:
- BoniFiesta will be on November 30 to December 1, 2013 from 11:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m. and will feature activities including Giant Filipino Games (Palosebo, Tumbang Preso, Pasikot-sikot, Luksong Tinik & Bato-Bato Pick), Food Booths, Art Activities (Chalk Art, Sketch Mob, Parol Making, Wishing Wall & Carton Crafts), Kalesa Parade, Free Kalesa Rides plus various musical and dance performances from the country’s prestigious groups.
- Guests may avail a BoniFiesta Passport which provides access to numerous activities during the Passionfest, through every purchase with a single receipt worth P 1,500 from retail stores or restaurants in Bonifacio High Street, One Parkade, Two Parkade, Bonifacio Stopover, Crossroads, or The Fort Entertainment Complex from November 29 to December 1, 2013 only.
- The BoniFiesta Passport allows guests to enjoy giant games, claim free food items, enjoy free kalesa rides and participate in the art activities. Visit www.facebook.com/BonifacioGlobalCityPH for more details.
- 150 Artists for 150 Years art activity featuring Saturday Sketching Sessions brought in by Moustache Creatives where a total of 150 artists will do live painting along the Bonifacio High Street stretch all weekend long to commemorate the life, passion and ideals of Andres Bonifacio.
Here’s the PRESS RELEASE of the Run BGC 2013 Takbonifacio:
RUN BGC 2013: TAKBONIFACIO SLATED ON BONIFACIO DAY!
To commemorate the life of one of the country’s most passionate heroes AndresBonifacio, the Bonifacio Global City (BGC) is holding an interesting and unique run entitled Run BGC 2013: TAKBONIFACIO slated on Bonifacio Day, November 30, 2013 at 3:00PM (afternoon run).
An afternoon of fun run with exciting obstacles awaits friends and families alike on this 5-kilometer adventure. Participants are encouraged to wear the best Katipunero or traditional Filipiniana attire while going through the unique run. To complete the 19th century setting, Gwardiya Sibil will be scattered around the obstacle course to provide the almost true-to-life challenges to the Katipunero participants.
Participants will be wearing a belt with life flags. Guwardiya Sibil will pose as threats when they attempt to get these life flags. Fun obstacles await participants as inspired by historical events which happened in key areas around Metro Manila like San Juan (Guwardiya Sibil will be armed with water soakers to attack the participants); Pinaglabanan (An army of Guwardiya Sibil will be running after life flags instead of just standing around);
Bonifacio (Participants should be on the lookout for Andres Bonifacio, who will be giving away free life flags); Marikina (Participants will climb up the giant inflatable slide and enjoy the way down! Or crawl inside the tunnels while Guwardiya Sibil awaits them on the other side); andBalintawak (Participants will express themselves and write why they are proud to be a Filipino).
Registration for the event opens on Thursday, October 24, 2013 at any of the following establishments: Toby’s Sports in Shangri-La Mall, Mall of Asia & Glorietta; Runnr in Ayala Alabang Town Center & Bonifacio High Street; and Brooks in SM North EDSA.
Registration Fee for participants is P500. Special rates apply to residents and workers of BGC at P350, Groups that form a battalion of at least 50 persons only have to pay P150 per head (registration and payment must be submitted at the same time), Kids who are 5 to 12 years old only have to pay P150.
Participants will be given a red neckerchief and a belt with life flags prior to the race. Upon registration, participants get a race bib. They will get a TAKBONIFACIO Souvenir shirt in their loot bag filled with goodies from event sponsors.
Top TAKBONIFACIO Finishers will be given cash prizes as follows: P 7,000 in cash each for the First Male and Female participants, P 5,000 in cash each for the Second Male and Female participants, and P 2,000 in cash each for the Third Male and Female participants. In the Kid Category, cash prizes are as follows: P 1,500 in cash each for the First Male and Female kid participants, P 1,000 in cash each for the Second Male and Female kid participants, and P 500 in cash each for the Third Male and Female kid participants.
Special Prizes will be given away including Best Costume to be determined by originality, inventiveness, intricacy & color, and fun. Best in Costume winners get cash prizes as follows: P 5,000 for the Batallion winner, P 3,000 each for Male and Female winner, and P 1,000 for the Kid winner. The Biggest Battalion will awarded a trophy.
Prizes to be raffled off are as follows: 1 Grand Prize worth P 50,000, and 5 Minor Prizes worth P 20,000.
BGC Run 2013: TAKBONIFACIO is open to anyone who wants to run for fun! Interested parties between the ages of 5 to 12 must have parental consent upon registration. Those with serious medical conditions must present a medical clearance to compete in the event.
For more details on costume requirements and registration by groups may log on to www.facebook.com/BonifacioGlobalCityPH.
We’ll see you all there!