Finally, a sports festival in our midst! The Recreational Outdoor eXchange (ROX), South East Asia’s biggest outdoor store is having their ROX Outdoor Festival 2015, a week-end sports festival on April 18 and 19, 2015 that celebrates outdoor athletics, seminars, sports tours and outdoor gears!
The festival showcases the most popular outdoor sports like running, mountaineering, biking, hiking, camping, backpacking, surfing and many more.
As a prelude to the event, ROX is also sponsoring a Photo Contest to provide an opportunity for photographers, both professional and amateurs alike to present their best outdoor adventure shots and share these important stories and influence the way people think of outdoor sports adventures.
Read on for details of these events:
ALL ADVENTURES BEGIN HERE!
R.O.X. Outdoor Festival
Bonifacio High Street Central, Amphitheatre
Celebrate a weekend packed with the best reasons for you to Get Outside and make this the summer you were anywhere but home.
The R.O.X. Outdoor Festival in partnership with Bonifacio Global City is a two-day event that shall be the outdoor convert’s gateway to the adventuring life. There will be sporting competitions, activities, talks, outdoor film showing, and booths from our top outdoor brands and partners. Adventure groups, tour operators, and environmental organizations shall also be available to bridge the gap between customer and experience provider.
For the activity updates, like us at facebook.com/roxphilippines
R.O.X. Outdoor Festival Photo Competition
Some adventures are best told in full resolution. Submit a photo of your most incredible outdoor experience and make us wish we were there when it happened. Up to P30,000 worth of prizes plus a chance to see your photo on display at the R.O.X. Outdoor Festival in April are at stake!
R.O.X. Outdoor Festival Photo Contest Official Rules and Mechanics
Who can Enter?
This photo contest is open only to individuals 18 years old or higher. Participant must be a resident of the Philippines to qualify.
How to Enter
1. Each entry shall consist of the following:
A. Completed submission form available at goo.gl/forms/1zXjqLQGNG
B. The URL of the photo you are entering with a minimum resolution of 300 dpi or size of 4MB
2. Fill out the submission form with your personal information and details about your entry.
3. In the text box provided, paste the URL of the photo you are entering. You may upload your entry on an external image hosting site such as Dropbox, Flickr, Google Drive, etc.
4. In the text box provided, write the story behind your photo in no more than 600 characters.
5. Complete the submission form by agreeing to the waiver and clicking on the submit button.
Criteria and Judging
Entries shall be judged based on the following criteria:
Adventure (Does your photo depict a thrilling outdoor adventure and location?) 30%
Skill (Is your photo composed and shot professionally?) 30%
Originality (Does your photo have a fresh way of representing the outdoors?) 30%
Story (How compelling is your story about the photo?) 10%
Contest Period and Awarding
1. Entries shall be accepted from February 16 to March 20, 2015 only.
2. Twenty (20) finalists shall be announced on April 13, 2015 on R.O.X.’s Facebook page. Finalists shall also be notified via phone and email.
3. Three (3) winners shall be announced at the awarding ceremony on April 19, 2015 during the R.O.X. Outdoor Festival at the Bonifacio High Street Amphitheater.
1. The top 20 entries shall be exhibited at the R.O.X. Outdoor Festival from April 18 to 19, 2015 at the Bonifacio High Street Amphitheater.
2. The top three (3) winners shall also receive the following:
3rd Place: P10,000 worth of R.O.X. prizes
2nd Place: P20,000 worth of R.O.X. prizes
1st Place: P30,000 worth of R.O.X. prizes
Terms and Conditions
1. Each participant may submit a maximum of two (2) entries. If both entries are selected, the participant shall be awarded the prize of a higher value.
2. Photos entered in the contest must have been taken from January 2014 up to the present only.
3. Photos entered in the contest must not bear the participant’s name or watermark. The participant’s name shall be included after judging and during the photo exhibit.
4. Minor enhancements (such as the editing of brightness, contrast, sharpness, or levels) are allowed, but manipulating or adding elements in the photo are not allowed.
5. Photos must not have been previously or currently entered in any competition, owned by another entity, or subject to copyright issues.
6. All entries must be accompanied with a duly signed waiver (included in the registration form) stating that the participant allows R.O.X. to use the photo in any promotional material or program provided that the participant is properly acknowledged and that intellectual property rights remain with him or her. R.O.X. is likewise permitted to retain possession of the files submitted by the participant or dispose them to prevent unauthorized use.
7. Notice of entry or acknowledgment of receipt shall be sent through the participant’s email address upon entry.
8. Judges’ decision is final. R.O.X. reserves the right to modify the mechanics and contest rules. Violation of any above-stated rules and/or non-compliance of the same shall be grounds for automatic disqualification.