The A Taste of Antique Trail Race (ATAT) is a small event that showcases the trails of Sibalom, Antique in the Island of Panay and is expected to draw many seasoned trail runners from Antique and nearby Iloilo, Aklan, Capiz and Boracay as well as runners from Metro Manila.
This trail race will be held on January 10, 2015 where the weather will be generally cool during this time and makes for a great race atmosphere. This will be Antique’s first organized trail running event and will feature newly discovered trails that vary from single-track paths, dirt roads, hanging bridges and short river crossings. This will be an adventure trail run with awesome scenery that will cater to those chosen few who want a cheap race but not be bothered down with big crowds, heavy logistics, high entry fees.
Here are the details of the race and a sneak peek of the trails:
A.T.A.T. : A TASTE OF ANTIQUE TRAILS RACE
RACE DAY – January 10, 2016
DISTANCE – 10K Trail
November 23, 2015 to January 3, 2016
January 4 – 8, 2016
Personalized Bib (for registration not later than December 31)
Post-race MealAssembly time
5:00amClick here for On-Line Registration:http://antiquetrailrunning.weebly.com/registration.html orhttps://www.webscorer.com/secure/signin?reason=reg&ReturnUrl=/register%3fraceid%3d57248For more details, please contact:
+63 926 7168791
The route is not so technical but is enough to give runners the real challenge of trail running. It is compose of 1.5 km cemented road before it enters another few kilometers of dirt, aggregate road with some sharp stones approaching the muddy uphills. It is advisable to wear road-to-trail running shoes. There are parts of steep descend which is so slippery especially when it rains then followed by river crossings. Expect to get wet.
1. Participants below 18 years old must have their waiver signed by a parent/guardian.
2. Race bib number must be worn at all time during the race. It should be pinned in front of the running shirt.
3. Registration is non-transferable and non-refundable.
4. Finisher’s shirt size are on a first-come-first serve basis. The first to cross the finish line will have the privilege of choosing his/her size base on availability.
5. Organizers maintain the right to remove any participant from the race. Injuries and medical emergencies are the utmost priority.
6. A cut off time will be strictly implemented. Runners on the course after the cut off time will be pulled out by the race marshals.
7. The race will start exactly on time. Late runners will be allowed but must still finish within the required cut off time.
8. Organizers can impose time penalties or disqualification on runners who do not follow race rules.
9. NO CHEATING! Runners are NOT allowed to ride any vehicle or take a short cut even he is not aiming for a podium finish. All runners must start and end the race exactly like all runners do.
9. All protests related to the results must be made in writing and submitted to the Race Director within 30 minutes after the official announcement of winners.
10. The organizers reserve the right to make changes at its discretion without prior notice. The organizers’ decision is final.
HYDRATION AND FIRST AID STATIONS
All runners are REQUIRED to bring their own hydration packs. No hydration station will be provided along the route. Hydration will be provided only at the start/finish area. There rivers and are natural spring waters sprouting along the route that runners can use to wash, bathe or freshen up. but not recommeded for drinking. Medical stations will be strategically placed along the route.
RACE BIB DISTRIBUTION
Race bib distribution will be announced through our facebook.com/antiquetrailrunning page.