Yesterday’s “Run With Doctors” 3k, 5k and 10k race was the first ever road running event of the Philippine College of Physician Foundation. I did the 5k run while my friends did the 10k. I was heading into the race with low expectations because i wasn’t really training enough for anything. Besides, running in hot weather makes me struggle a bit and often times, i’m too hesitant to push it and give an all-out effort knowing the outcome will not be too good.
So, yesterday’s event was a small race with no more than 1, 500 runners participating in all categories. It’s a simple 5k and 10k route within the MOA grounds and it’s a fast, flat course.
Some brief impressions:
- A fast course, ideal for a PR run
- Adequate water stations as always, although there were no Sports drinks this time
- Not too crowded except in parts when you have to weave your way out from walkers
- Race should have started earlier. The 5:50 start for the 10k and the 5k start 10 minutes later were a bit late as the sun was already up and we were already perspiring even before the race started.
- Very organized run from start to finish though i wish they should have provided a bag to place the drinks and other freebies inside.
- Race results here: http://runrio.com/2011/05/pcpfs-run-with-doctors-race-results/
Here are some pictures of the event:
After the race, we hied off to Betty’s place for a long delayed celebration of Mel and Chito’s finish of the BDM 160km ultra-marathon. Great food and the Team Dilaw were all there.. boisterous, loud and almost tipsy at 11:00am. The group then agreed that the next serious run will be the Camsur Marathon this August.
Need to train…
Pictures of the party: